30 Aug 2014
Today I have a super quick, easy and fun DIY for you. A couple of days ago I found this DIY by tomfo and thought - I LOVE it, I have seen it in origami books before, but what a good idea to make them patterned! And so, I made a few more colours for you to print out and make with this tutorial!
Download it here
how to make:
you will need: cutting mat, ruler and craft knife OR scissors, glue stick and printable.
1. Cut out all of the squares separately.
2. With one square, fold it in half diagonally to make a triangle with the right side facing out.
3. Fold one of the corners down to the bottom point.
4. Fold down the other, then unfold.
5. Next, fold the bottom point up to meet the middle point of the past two folds you made.
6. Do this with 3 of your other squares - this is also where you decide the combination and colours of paper you would like in each box. Mix it up!
7. Now, slip each side into the next, like above.
8. It should look something like this.
9. Now bring the two ends around and tuck them into each other.
10. It should look like this!
11. Glue down the flaps on the bottom and inside to secure it.
And that is it! I absolutely love these for storing little bits and pieces in them, you could sit them on a surface or stick them to the wall like I did - they look so cute! I especially love the tree photo on the other box, it makes it so pretty. You can also experiment with your own paper and different combinations, you could also make big ones for storing lots of things! The possibilities are endless. Have a go and I would love to see your creations!
Have a lovely day,
full credit to tomfo for this idea.
26 Aug 2014
WOW I am so so excited. In 2 weeks time it is a little birdy blog’s 2nd birthday! Which means it is time for a GIVEAWAY! I have had the absolute honour of collaborating with the super amazing Citta Design to bring you a Citta x a little birdy giveaway! We will be giving away 2 prize packs of a pair of 'Flock socks' and a beautiful leather + gold 'Flight coin purse'!
They are both absolutely amazing products, the socks are the most gorgeous pink colour with black + white birds on them, and the coin purse is just about the most amazing thing ever. It is a scallop shape (semi circle) and has a pretty gold bird on the front. I am obsessed!
1. Follow @alittlebirdyblog and @cittadesign on instagram
2. Repost this photo with the hashtag #cittaxalittlebirdygiveaway
for a better chance and extra points:
comment below your favourite item from the new Citta summer collection - A Midsummer Daydream - and include your instagram username.
1. you can repost as many times as you would like.
2. open worldwide
3. no private accounts because we will not be able to see your entry!
4. entries close 8pm Tues 9th September, winners announced the next day
5. chosen randomly so get reposting!
Good luck, and see you in 2 weeks!